Friday, October 11, 2013

Terror-iums!

It's close to midnight and something evil's lurking in the dark...our spooky scenic terrariums! These dollar store terrariums are paired with awesome candles from our friend Jen at Burning Tears!


We found all of our festive finds from the dollar store, including the moss, skeletons and the wine glasses!  
We hot glued some moss, twigs and creepy small things onto a wide candle lid and then covered it with an upside down glass.  
And we finished it off with orange washi tape around the lids.

"I feel the earth move under my feet."

"Tastes like chicken!"


We couldn't just stop there!  
We also made a haunted cemetery in a open book.


We built our spooky scene of top of a piece of cardstock so it wouldn't ruin the book.
The tombstones are handmade from modeling clay.


'Cause this is Thriller, Thriller night!






11 comments:

  1. Wow! One would never know these were Dollar Tree items! I'm all for spooky and ghoulish for Halloween and yours is awesome! My fav is the Tastes Like Chicken one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - these Halloween terraniums are some of the coolest things I've ever seen! Pinning for sure :) I'd be thrilled if you'd come on over to Pink Recipe Box and link up at Creative Wednesdays: http://pinkrecipebox.com/creative-wednesdays-with-pink-recipe-box-13

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Love the shots with the books. Great job. Jen-COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH wow, y'all are so creative. I love the haunter cemetery. This is PERFECT Halloween decor. Thanks so much for sharing.

    I’d love it if you linked this up over at Living Well Spending Less for Thrifty Thursday this week! http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/category/thrifty-thursday/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping back by to thank you for sharing your Terror-iums at the party this week! I am featuring them on my Facebook page this afternoon and have pinned it to my own Halloween board and the You're Gonna Love It Tuesday board on Pinterest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these!!! What a fun idea!!! I have a large glass ans wrought iron terrarium on a stand and I keep thinking I'd like to make some sort of "scene" inside for each Holiday.... I think you just helped me with my Halloween scene :)

    Thanks for sharing your fun idea :)
    Kim
    http://kimberscraftday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you two! These are the best looking Terror-iums we've ever seen - great job. Spooky, spooky - and we love it all!

    We've featured your post on the BeBetsy Brag About It No. 26 - thanks so much for visiting BeBetsy and hope to see you at our party tomorrow!

    Sharon and Denise ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great Halloween project! Thanks for sharing it at The Pin Junkie Link Party. This project was featured in a HUGE Halloween roundup. Hope you can stop by to grab a button and let everyone know that you were featured on The Pin Junkie. http://www.thepinjunkie.com/2013/10/halloween-roundup-31-halloween-projects.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are very cool! I would have never thought of this. Thanks for linking up to the Friday Follow Along. Make sure you stop by this week because you are featured!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This whole set up is just the best!!! Very creative...I love it!

    Trina in Memphis!

    ReplyDelete